Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Observation Day 5








Site 1: On our 5th day of going outside, we decided to travel deeper into the woods. As we were coming out through the cafeteria, we saw a seagull and it felt like it was 75 degrees out. We continued to walk down the path until we got to the creek, here we saw a crow, eight geese, and one white duck. I heard a bus driving and the wind blowing against the trees. I felt extremely warm, but it was probably because i was wearing my jacket and it was already warm out. I saw a wasp flying above the pond. Avery decided to throw pine cones in the pond, which attracted fish! He saw a fish eating a bug. The last thing i saw there was a fish bigger than a normal size pine cone!

Site 2:  As we were leaving site 1, I spotted a spider jumping from leaf to leaf. I also saw dead trees and ducks bathing in the water. I felt cold, because we were in the shade. There were trees way over 30 ft. tall. I heard wind blowing against some more trees and I heard cars driving in the parking lot.

Site 3: At this site i saw a water strider, a stream, a baby frog, and an old bridge. I heard wind blowing even harder this time! I felt warm but not as hot as earlier. As we were leaving site 3, Josh found a little turtle in a bryer patch. I also foud a lime green stink bug, which looked really interesting.

Site 4: When we arrived to site 4, I saw a feather. A bug landed on my paper but I don't remeber what kind it was. This time I felt even warmer! As usual I heard the wind blowing like crazy! I saw a baby salamander in a pond, a baby frog, and lime green plants at the bottom of the pond. I picked up a stick and started to move some dead leaves around in the pond, as I was doing that a baby craw fish came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment